Dan is taking 12 months off – no lessons in 2021. Apologies to students.
I will update the website when I resume lessons.
Thanks to my 2019 and 2020 students. Loved doing the lessons and wish you all the best for your futures in music.
If you’re looking for a teacher to give you or your kids professional drum lessons at home for a reasonable price, you’r in the right place.
I always ensure the drum lessons are customised to suit the students level and musical interests. Time will be spent developing goals and discovering musical tastes to make sure lessons are rewarding and engaging.
Although I have been teaching for three years I have gained lots of experience with students ranging in age from 4 to 50+ and pride myself on developing lesson content and my teaching approach to each individual student.
I have been playing drums for 15 years and completed my Bachelor of Applied Music (Performance) at Box Hill Institute in 2016. I also have experience with AMEB drum examinations having achieved Honours in the two highest levels of the Contemporary Popular Music course and successfully taken students through these exams before.
|Blackburn||Box Hill||Briar Hill||Bulleen|
Whether you want to improve your technique, learn to play along to your favourite songs or even learn to play along with friends or other musicians I can help you achieve your goals.
My approach to teaching is based on the following principles:
- A strong understanding of the basics including grip, position (of you and the drums!) and rudiments.
- Applying basic concepts musically and contextually around the drum kit.
- Building a strong sense of rhythm and time through regular use of a metronome and understanding basic music notation.
- Discovering a student’s individual style through investigating their music tastes and what they enjoy playing on the drums.
- Developing healthy practice habits and helping students get what they want out of their lessons.
I am confident teaching beginner to advanced students in a vast array of styles including:
|Drum and Bass||Big Band||Country|
Buying a first drum kit for you or your child can be a daunting task. There is a huge range of variables such as electronic/acoustic, brand, sizes and new/secondhand. I am happy to offer advice on any purchase!
My rates for lessons are as follows:
30 min lesson = $35
60 min lesson = $70
You can read my cancellation policy here.